Tuesday, July 28, 2009

À bout de souffle

"All right, I'll count to 8, and if you haven't smiled, I'll strangle you."
-Breathless


It is hot and sweaty even with the windows open and the fan on. Never end a sentence with a preposition. I would have ended the first sentence with the word "oscillating" but then I'd have to check to make sure I spelled it correctly. That first sentence looks increasingly poor upon second glance. Not just because of the foolhardy preposition placement. I notice that bad writers always use two adjectives to describe something when one will do just fine. Perhaps it is a holdover from writing book reports that had to hit a predesignated page count. I'm 46 pages into the script now and to think about it like that takes all the fun out of it.

Watched: Shocker

No comments: